- Never leave a candle burning unattended.
- Keep your candles away from flammable materials.
- Keep all candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Always burn candles in a proper holder or container.
- Extinguish taper or pillar candles when they get within 2" of their holders.
- Discontinue use of container candle when ½" of wax remains.
- Discontinue use of container candle if container is cracked.
Proper Usage Tips
- Always trim wick to 1/4 inch and center it before lighting candle
- Recommended burning time is one hour per inch diameter of the candle
- Keep candles away from drafts. Drafts will cause the candle to burn unevenly.
- Hold your finger in front of the flame as you blow the candle out. The air will flow around your finger and extinguish the candle from both sides. This prevents any hot wax from splattering.
- If a wick becomes too short to light carve away enough wax to expose the fresh wick, then trim ¼" off the top of the candle and then burn the candle to reshape it.
- Refrigerating your candles before using them will help them to burn slowly and evenly. Make sure that you wrap them in foil or plastic first to prevent moisture from getting into the wick.
- Keep the wax pool free of foreign objects such as wick trimmings and matches.
- Always store candles in a cool, dark, and dry place.
- Make sure to store your candles upright to prevent warping.
- Limit your candles' exposure to direct sunlight, because it will fade them rapidly.
- Before you place a votive in a votive cup put a few drops of water in the cup. This will make it easier to clean the cup out after the votive has melted.
- If you put used votive cups in the freezer for approximately 20 minutes the remaining wax will be easier to clean out.
- Another way to remove the excess wax is by running hot water over them.
- You can clean your pillars and tapers with a piece of nylon or a touch of salad oil on a soft cloth.
- To remove wax from fabrics, scrape off the excess wax and run very hot water through the material.
There are no products matching the selection.